Click the topic above for an intriguing article on teen writing!
Writing is imperative across the district. Though blogging is becoming "uncool" with teens for personal writing, it IS being used true to its nature in classrooms. This alternative writing option affords kids to use the medium of their generation. How might blogging help students in YOUR courses? Submit your ideas!
17 comments:
Blogging will help my students to communicate with me.
Interesting ideas!
It may help discussion for the typically quiet student
I can use blogs in my adult living class to further discussions started in class, hopefully giving students that were not able to comment in class a chance to contribute to the conversation.
it works.
dddd
I think this will be useful for students to give their opinion and then back up their opinion.
I could see the blog being the new "exit ticket" to replace a handwritten 3-2-1 to gauge what students learned after a unit.
I plan to use it as a question and answer platform
Anything that improves r students riting is gr8t w/ me!
This is my comment
This article was interesting. I think students do LESS formal writing today, because they do not know the difference between formal and informal. In Social Science courses, I frequently have students use text lingo in papers, short answers, etc. :( (LOL)
Blogging will help the students know how others feel about the reading wo the threat of sharing in the classroom?? I can additionally see that the students are thinking about the content.
Also, I think it could be cool if there was an open blog for a unit all 4 schools do - for example, a blog for Romeo and Juliet... Huck Finn, Gatsby, etc.
Students are using writing to express themselves at a far earlier age than ever before. My children are far more comfortable expressing themselves by writing than I ever was at their age.
I think this would be great for the Law in America class and advocacy topics.
I can use blogs as formative assesments to check for the understanding of the big ideas of the lesson.
I think I could definitely use this in class
Post a Comment